Adkins Energy is a dry mill corn-to-ethanol and -biodiesel production facility located in northwest Illinois. The concept for our business originated in the mid 1990s as a way to add value to corn for local producers. Development efforts by Pearl City Elevator, a local agricultural cooperative, and the Adkins Energy Cooperative eventually led to the formation of Adkins Energy LLC. We remain one of the few cooperatively owned ethanol plants in the country.
Our strength and focus is on operational consistency, resulting from developing individual employee skills and emphasizing a safe and healthy work environment. Since starting our plant up in 2002, we have achieved, and often exceeded, many operational milestones:
- Increasing yield, output and efficiencies
- Diversifying product offerings
- Researching next-generation technologies
- Growing shareholder value
Along with our grain procurement partner, Pearl City Elevator – Alliance Commodities, we offer:
- State-of-the-art, high-speed dump facilities
- Four convenient locations in northwest Illinois
- Co-op tax deduction shared with sellers (varies annually)
- 16% allowed moisture to save you drying costs
Adkins Discount Schedule/Moisture Requirements:
- Up to 16% with no dock applied.
- From 16.1% to 16.5%, a dock will apply of $0.035 per bushel.
- Anything over 16.5% will be rejected with no exceptions.
For more information regarding grain deliveries to Adkins, please contact Alliance Commodities at 815-809-2667.
Grain Receiving Hours:
Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Loading Dry Distillers Hours:
Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.